Updated: March 2022
Online Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains how we, HICX Solutions, will collect, store and process your Personal Data in line with the requirements of relevant privacy laws and regulations.
What Personal Data do we collect?
In the running and maintenance of our website, we collect and process some Personal Data about you. You provide us with this data directly when you fill out an online registration or request form. We also collect some information indirectly from you by recording how you interact with our website by using technologies such as cookies. The data we collect can include one or more of the following:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, job title and company name
- Your region of residence or business operation
Use of our site data:
- Traffic data, location data and IP addresses derived from details of your visits, the pages you have viewed and the resources that you access
We do not normally obtain or purchase any data about you from third parties, but if we receive such data, it will be the responsibility of HICX Solutions to inform you and ensure appropriate data security and protection.
Why do we collect your Personal Data?
In providing your Personal Data, you support HICX Solutions in improving your business, in ways such as:
- Direct marketing, newsletters, and relevant articles
- Recommending new products and services that will better your business
- Providing you with information you have requested from us
- Informing you of upgrades and new modules available for your HICX software
We also use your Personal Data for business, regulatory and legal purposes:
- To meet the requirements and obligations of our contract
- To support commercial discussions between us
- Providing you with our services/updates/promotions etc.
- Dealing with your requests
- Getting in touch in case we need to contact you, for reasons such as policy changes, contractual arrangements, maintenance or other service notifications
- Internal administrative purposes
The information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access, distribution, or disclosure.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for and limited to the purposes above and does not impact or compromise your privacy. We only collect data that is relevant to the purpose of processing and no information is collected without reason.
When HICX Solutions contacts you, our aim is not to be intrusive, and we endeavour not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions.
If HICX Solutions intends to process the Personal Data for a purpose other than those stated in this document, we shall provide you with the appropriate information and request your explicit consent as applicable before doing so.
With whom will we share your Personal Data?
We will not share your Personal Data with any third party without first obtaining your consent. Should you provide your consent, we will only pass your data on to third parties with whom HICX Solutions has a contractual arrangement in place, who will be obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the contracted purpose. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will securely dispose of the details in line with HICX Solutions policies and procedures.
If there are circumstances where your Personal Data may be transferred across borders to countries outside of the EEA, appropriate safeguards will be put in place to guarantee an adequate level of protection of your Personal Data and to ensure it is processed, stored, and disposed of appropriately and securely.
Where will your Personal Data be stored?
Personal data collected by HICX Solutions may be stored and processed in your region or in any other country where HICX Solutions or its service providers maintain facilities. HICX Solutions is using AWS (Amazon Web Services) as its cloud provider. AWS has data centres around the world.
Typically, the primary storage location and any backup location is in your region. HICX has chosen the storage location(s) to operate efficiently, to improve performance and to create redundancies to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that we process the data we collect according to the provisions of this privacy statement and the requirements of laws applicable at the data location.
For how long will we keep your Personal Data?
We govern data retention periods according to specific business-sector requirements and stated practices, as well as the type of data and the context in which we collected the data.
HICX Solutions is required to retain some information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes, for a period no longer than that specified by such laws.
For as long as we maintain a non-contractual business relationship, and notwithstanding any legal requirement, as stated above, we will retain your data for a maximum of 5 years from the last date of contact. After this time, we will permanently and securely dispose of your data.
If you become a client of ours under contract, we will retain your data for the duration of our relationship for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data are processed and, notwithstanding any legal requirement as stated above, for a maximum of 5 years after termination of the contract.
We may retain Personal Data for additional periods depending on individual business needs. You will be contacted and kept informed regarding such requirements. HICX Solutions will always endeavour to only keep your data for as long as deemed necessary and ensure that appropriate technical and organizational measures are implemented to protect against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
If at any time before the end of the stated retention period you would like us to remove your data from our database or your preferences otherwise changed, notwithstanding any legal requirement as stated above, please contact us at [email protected].
What are your rights regarding your Personal Data?
At any point while HICX Solutions is in possession of or processes your Personal Data, as the Data Subject you have the following rights:
- The right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- The right of rectification: you have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate information we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information corrected.
- The right to erasure ( “right to be forgotten”) in certain circumstances, you can ask us to delete or remove the data we hold about you from our records .This applies where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)..
- The right to object : Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes and automated processing, including profiling. You also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- The right to the restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- The right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- The right to judicial review: if HICX Solutions refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why.
We will forward on all of the above requests should there be a third party involved in the processing of your Personal Data.
How can you access and control your Personal Data?
If HICX Solutions holds Personal Data about you, as the Data Subject you can request the following information about the processing of the data:
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The identity and contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data
- The contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- Information about the legitimate interest of HICX Solutions, if applicable
- Information about the type of data we collect, store and process
- The recipient(s) or categories of recipient to whom the data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third counties or international organisations
- The envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
- Information about the transfer of data outside of the EEA, if applicable
- The existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority
- Where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source.
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing
- Where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards
You can also request the following at any time:·
- To view, update, correct or delete any of your Personal Data that HICX Solutions holds about you
- To obtain a copy of your data undergoing processing
- To restrict certain access or block certain restrictions
- To restrict certain processing
- To object to any communications
- To withdraw consent
You can send any request to [email protected] When making requests regarding your Personal Data, you will be asked to verify your identity.
We use tracking cookies for marketing purposes to perform traffic analysis and provide you with a good end user experience across our website. It is possible to turn off your cookies through your website browser settings however this may affect the functionality and experience of our site. Please visit the help section of your website browser to learn how to turn your cookie settings off. We will always request your specific, active, and deliberate consent to store cookies on your personal devices. We will also request your consent regarding cookies that are helpful or convenient but not essential, or that are only essential for our own legitimate purposes.
How can you file a complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint about how HICX Solutions, or other third parties contracted by HICX Solutions, process your Personal Data, or how we have previously handled your complaint, you have the right to complain directly to the Supervisory Authority and HICX Solutions.
The details for each are:
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Please use the Data Privacy contact details below.
Who can you contact?
As the data controller, HICX Solutions is responsible for your Personal Data that it collects. Should you wish to contact someone regarding any of the information above, please contact us at [email protected].