With a strong supplier diversity program, Mondelez International is committed to serving a high-quality, innovative supplier base that reflects its own diversity in the products it offers. As part of this commitment, Mondelez International strives to be the preferred customer of its suppliers and to provide a best-in-class experience. By giving suppliers a seamless and user-friendly experience throughout, it aims to delight its partners, leading to greater collaboration, value and efficiency.
Key pillars of Digital Procurement Strategy & Roadmap
- Supplier experience
- Buyer experience
- Enterprise end-to-end processes and enablement
Mondelēz International faced a number of key challenges, which it wanted to improve:
- Too many manual and inefficient supplier management processes
- Procurement not being able to focus its energy on ‘value-add’ activities
- Multiple systems using supplier data, resulting in data silos
- Suppliers reporting high cost to serve
“By consolidating all of our touch points and enabling self-service capabilities, we aim to crush complexity while also building for the future with a flexible, adaptable solution.”
Stephane Sacherer – Associate Director Global Procure to Pay
HICX deployment overview
Master data management
The underlying supplier master data management (MDM) layer provided a single source of truth for all suppliers to Mondelēz International and accommodated not just a core set of ‘global’ attributes for each supplier, but all elements needed by every department and multiple systems, including their ERP and P2P suites.
The supplier portal – which HICX designed, developed, implemented and now maintains – acts as the single gateway for every single supplier. It provides the dual benefit of a joined-up and accessible solution for suppliers, while equipping Mondelēz International with the necessary controls to ensure that supplier data remains accurate and secure, even as it is changed and updated through the supplier lifecycle.
As Stephane Sacherer explains, “We’re really excited to have all our suppliers in a single system that provides the data foundation to now be able to look at areas such as risk and performance, sustainability and supplier quality.”
Outcome and results
The outcome: efficiency and simplification
Mondelēz International has been able to eradicate inefficient processes, such as those based on Excel spreadsheets, while Procurement has had its time freed up to focus on value-add initiatives rather than data administration.
To deliver on its “Best at global, best at local” promise, Mondelēz International wanted to support several thousand requestors, while ensuring that the right suppliers are onboarded but without Procurement becoming the bottleneck.
Supplier Management Software Solution for Consumer Goods
- A fully digital supplier management solution deployed globally
- Significant time freed up to focus on value-add initiatives rather than data admin and repetitive, manual data entry
- Average time to onboard a supplier has reduced by 86%
- Solution live in less than 12 months globally (covering APAC, EMEA & the Americas) vs 24-36 month for similar MDM deployments
- Time to value – additional benefit that comes with implementing two years more quickly
- Supplier experience improved through simplification and removing complexity
Building on foundations for success
“In order to build a best-in-class experience such as Supplier Central, you have to have the right foundations that enable the deployment of best-of-breed solutions. With HICX, we now have that and we are looking forward to further differentiating ourselves across the board including in areas such as SRM, invoicing, PO and quality management, among others.”
Stephane Sacherer, Associate Director Global Procure to Pay at Mondelēz International